Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Milestones and Greatest Hits for the Informatics Professor Blog

In recent months, this blog has hit several numerical milestones. Over the summer, the blog surpassed 200,000 page views since its inception in January, 2009. The blog now has over 400 followers who regularly get updated about new postings, not to mention those who follow it via Twitter feeds (@OHSUInformatics and @williamhersh, and their numerous retweets), Facebook postings (myself and the various OHSU groups), and a number of sites that repost entries (HITECH Answers, Health Data Management, the American College of Physicians, and others). In addition, the blog recently surpassed 200 postings dating back to early 2009. I am not a "stream of consciousness" type of blogger, but instead only post when I believe I have something interesting and coherent to say.

Perhaps this is a time to reflect back and consider, what are this blog's "greatest hits?" Many of my postings have news pegs that lose longevity over time. But others I consider to be essays of more enduring value. Here is a list of those, which I might consider my all-time greatest hits (and not necessarily those with the most page views):

No comments:

Post a Comment